Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wind Turbines

In the movie The Age of Stupid there was a man who wanted to build wind turbines as an alternative energy source. Not a bad idea, I think. And the people around him agreed. BUT what the people around him did not agree with was the building of them in the area in which they live. The excuse that these people gave was that they would ruin the view. Personally I think that is bullocks (as the man in the movie said). Which is uglier? A wind turbine? or The sight of another hurricane Katrina or Japanese earthquake? All that is trying to be done is to help save the planet and people are arguing that they don't like the way it looks? Well, what if you were the leader of the biggest charity organization in the world, but I didn't like the way you looked? I wouldn't get rid of you! (a little harsh, but I am trying to get my point across). I don't even think that wind turbines are ugly, I find them to be quite pretty. The white, sleekness of the turbine is very appealing to me.

I am perfectly okay with someone defending their opinion. And it is one thing to defend your opinion for a good reason. But to put the planet in jeopardy just so you can have your pretty little view seems quite ridiculous to me. Most likely, with in the next 20 years or so there is going to be some sort of building or factory there anyways so you mind as well have it be something that is helping the planet. Any other thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment