Tuesday, June 21, 2011

From Lighters to Digital

This past weekend I attended the Michael Buble concert. It was amazing, he is such a great singer and an even better performer (he could have not been any funnier). When I think classic concerts I think Woodstock. The first picture that pops into my head is all the audience holding up their lighters. As I looked around this past weekend, all I saw was little lit up screens. Between cell phones and cameras, the whole place was lit with our tiny pieces of technology. I admit that at one point I took out my camera for a couple of minutes to grab a quick picture, but besides that it was put away. Now I am all for documenting your fun times and so on, but wouldn't you want to enjoy the concert. Instead of worrying about the flash and the zoom button, just relax and enjoy the concert. Some people are too caught up with their technology. I for one would not want to spend that money to sit there with a camera in front of my face. I want to see him in person, not through a screen.

p.s If anyone gets a chance to go to one of Michael Buble's concert, PLEASE go!! It was such a good concert.

2 comments:

  1. The rash of low-quality video (complete with swampy audio) from cell phone concert footage is all over YouTube.... A little goes a LONG LONG way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love michael buble! Your so lucky that you got to see him in concert. I noticed that people who do film performers during concerts always end up on YouTube which ends up getting the performers more popular. I do agree with you that people who are viewing concerts should not get so caught up in technology and just simply sit back and relax and enjoy the performers.

    ReplyDelete