Monday, June 6, 2011

"The Show Goes On"

When I was writing the paper for week two I was intrigued by the part that asked about the medium of the text. This referred to a text in the form of a song vs that of a movie and how it affects the message that is being portrayed. I have been OBSESSED with the song "The Show Goes On" by Lupe Fiasco http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmp6zIr5y4U . It took me a while but after listening to it a couple of times I finally learned all the lyrics. This song recognizes the people that are in the ghetto and the people that are trying to help them out. I think it is important for songs like these to be heard because the kids that they are talking about listen to them. Unlike some movies, it does not take two hours to get the message across. Lupe makes sure that his message gets across in the song; no matter what you have been through in life and no matter where you come from, life goes on and you should never give up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment