Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Celebrities Doing Some Good

Lately I feel as if the majority of celebrity news focuses on all the negative parts of their lives. So for this I would like to shed a little light on some of the good that celebrities do. Yea, they might mess up and cheat on their spouse (which I am not condoning in the least bit) but they also do some good too. Celebrities make A LOT of money, most more than they know what to do with. So I want to say that I appreciate the fact that celebrities give back to the less fortunate. Whether it be donating money to try and cure cancer or being a part of the "Make A Wish Foundation" or helping at Katrina, celebrities do more than just party and mess up. Angelina Jolie, an extreme case but still valid, has adopted children and given them a better life. Lil Wayne has gone back to his home of Louisiana and helped the hurricane Katrina victims. Countless celebrities donate time and money to charities around the world. And I just wanted to take this time to recognize the good in the world. For once, let us not all focus on the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment